How to Fix Printer is Offline Message in Windows
Some Windows PC users have reported that they are seeing the offline error when trying to print. If you are facing this issue, then here is what you should do to fix it.
- Press the Windows key, and choose Devices and Printers from the Start
- Double-click on your printer, choose See what’s printing from the pop-up menu, select Printer, and choose Use Printer Offline.
If the steps mentioned above did not help, then check the following solutions for the type of connection you use.
- Check your printer for an error. In the event there is an error, look at the device’s User Guide for instructions with regards to correcting that error.
- Ensure that you are selecting the right printer when printing documents. If there are many copies of the very same driver, then remove the ones that are not in use.
- Ensure that you are using a shielded “AB” USB cable that is not more than 2 meters long. Avoid using devices which widen the length of your cable as these can lead to signal degradation.
- If you use a USB hub to connect your printer to PC, detach the cable from the hub and connect the former device directly to the latter one with it.
- Connect the cable to a different USB port at the back of your PC.
- If the above step does not fix the issue, then use another USB cable.
- If all the steps mentioned above do not help, then contact your printer manufacturer support professionals for further help.
- Ensure that you are choosing the right printer when printing files. If there are many copies of the driver, then remove the drivers not in use as mentioned earlier.
- Check lights on the printer for an error. If there is an error, then see its User Guide for further instructions to solve that error.
- Ensure that your printer is connected to the wireless network at home. When the Wi-Fi light on it is off, you will have to establish the wireless connection again.
If there is a WPS button on your router, then press it. After that, keep pressing the Wi-Fi button on your printer for three seconds. After 60 seconds, the Wi-Fi light on the device should be on. When the light is on, your wireless connection has been established again.